The Early Years 1893-1914
The Feuerhand lamp finds its starting point in Beierfeld mountain Saxon Ore. The Hermann Nier had a hydraulic laboratory there in 1870 and among other things he did and lighting lamps. With increasing industrialization, the workshops were replaced by factories that manufacture their products based on the new machine technology. The same happened in Beierfeld, the area became known for working metal. The Hermann and Ernst Nier brothers there founded a production plant for storm lamps in 1893.
Five years after idrysitis this unit, the Frankonia company, Albert Frank bought this factory and Nier brothers were managers. Due to differences in Frankonia, in 1902 the Hermann Nier eventually started his own factory lamps storm, which he called «Hermann Nier Feuerhandwerk». That same year, he applied for a patent for the manufacture of the lamp using the punching and folding THE sheet and glaze hot dipping and seamless.
In 1914 the brand «Feuerhand» trade mark is registered for all products as a utility model of the German Reich - German «Deutsches Reichs-Gebrauchsmuster» (DRGM) - and in 1920 the Feuerhand emblem was added to the brand. Finally, the 1926 patent and trademark in English «Firehand» recorded in the US. To 1933 began the construction of the known lamp storm - the BABY series - with fire resistant borosilicate glass from Firma Schott of Jena
Between 1918 and 1938, Nier Feuerhand became the largest producer of lamps storm in the world. During this period, there were too many applications for new patents, including for improvement of the burners and the development of a windshield, called «Sturmkappe». With the onset of World War II, the international market collapsed and a decrease in production was recorded. Like many other plants, the Nier Feuerhand ended focusing on military production.
The postwar period
After the war, the family was expropriated Nier, the machines were dismantled and transported to the Soviet Union. The family fled to the West in Lüdenscheid Westfalen and built there a small factory mass production, which in 1949 was transferred to the Hohenlockstedt Schleswig-Holstein. In Beierfeld, buildings, and original designs now belong to the public - in German «Volkseigener Betrieb METALLWAREN» (VEB Mewa). The name «Feuerhand» Nier still belongs to the family, which is why the production in the GDR used the brand «BAT mark '. Production continued until 1990.
Since 1989, the lamp storm Feuerhand BABY 276 is the only model produced. The world-famous brand and the production of storm Feuerhand lamp perpetuate a tradition that is over a hundred years. Since autumn 2014, the brand «Feuerhand» belongs to PETROMAX group. The Feuerhand BABY 276 with galvanized zinc is available in different colors. Still produced in Hohenlockstedt and «Made in Germany».
After 111 years of FEUERHAND presence in the global market, we decided to change the construction material of the lamp by a new high-tech material.
The lamp storm FEUERHAND has sold more than 250 million units, has become an international cult product .. Due to the construction of the burner there is no risk to the flickering flame as possible, excluding the soot deposition (charcoal) from the flame. There is also a special seal in the fuel tank, so there is no risk of leaks.
Only lamps storm FEUERHAND are equipped with glass SUPRAX German company SCOTT heat resistance and not yet broken and in contact with rain or snow.
It is in fact the last of the original tubular manufacturer storm lamp is still produced stodytiko hemisphere.
It remains popular and exploratory missions.
Height: 25,5 cm
Width: 15,5 cm
Weight: 520 g
Fuel tank capacity: 340 ml
Burning time: 20 hours
Fuel: Paraffin or Lamp Oil, but always without color
Color: Light Grey
High quality material
Made in Germany